Monday, September 13, 2010

Sally Hansen: Sea and Be Seen

Alright... so this is the reason why I had such high expectations for Blue Island Iced Tea...


Wow! That's a really shitty picture. 



Okay that's a little bit better but it's still not great. Anyhoo - so this is a gorgeous periwinkle shimmer from the Complete Salon Manicure collection. I love it. My only complaint is that it is way too sheer. This is like 5 coats. I'm not sure if the polishes from this collection were all intended to be layering polishes to go on top of other stuff, but I really wish they would be thicker. This and Silver Lining and Dive Deeper... they all need 4-5 coats. I do have another polish from the collection that only needs 3, but I like my polish to be as opaque as possible. But the colors from this collection make it worth it. 











For some reason I am not a fan of these pictures. Oh well.. I'll take more the next time I wear it. I really only swatched it to compare to Blue Island Iced Tea. 

I love the purple and blue shimmer. To me it just seems to have such a effervescent quality. I just feel like I should be swimming and hanging out at the beach when I wear this. Which reminds me BD, we need to go to the beach. Because you're my only beach friend and before we know it the summer is going to be gone in a couple of months. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this color! How do you like the Salon collection? I've always been tempted, and I LOVE Sally Hansen (obv) but I just haven't taken the leap. I think it's because I'm not used to SH polishes to be so much.

    ReplyDelete