Wednesday, September 8, 2010

China Glaze: Ruby Pumps

Hey! Today I decided to go with China Glaze Ruby Pumps since I am wearing a red shirt and I would feel strange wearing red nail polish if i did not have a coordinating article of clothing. I don't know why. That doesn't hold true for any other color. Bizarre. Anyhoo, so Ruby Pumps. It is indeed as awesome as everyone claims it is. I've been wearing it for about 12 hours now and I don't have much tipwear at all to report. I was afraid that it would stain like a bitch, but when I removed the polish from one finger to fix it a few hours after I put it on, it came off cleanly - so lets hope that holds true for later tonight.















This is from the famed Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection - and I must say, this makes me want to go out and buy the rest. I just may do that. Damn online polish retailers. You make it wayyyy to easy for me to spend my money. And I can never never never just buy one thing - in order to justify the shipping charges I feel the need to buy at least 10 things. And the next thing I know I have a 50 dollar order being shipping to my house. It would be one thing if this were a rare occurrence -  but let me be honest here. Its really not. That is part of the reason why I started this blog - to justify my polish purchases. Or at least to provide myself was a small semblance of rationalization.

Anyhoo - as my friend brilliantdreamer was saying over at her blog (http://winterflowerunderground.blogspot.com/) that it is really kind of hard to find swatches of polish that lies outside of the OPI - China Glaze - Essie  trifecta. With the exception of designer polishes. So over the next couple weeks I am going to try to not wear one of the many bottles of those brands, and instead showcase what some other cheaper, more readily available brands have to offer. Like Pure Ice (which i loveeeee! great colors! ridiculously cheap! I always get good wear! and who doesn't love stuff that can be found at the commercial mecca that is Walmart), Sally Hansen, Diamond Cosmetics (which even though it is only available via online purchases - is really awesome and if you haven't ordered from there I strongly urge you to). So... stay tuned. Hopefully tomorrow is sunny and I will be available to swatch all day long.

Wish me luck at my extra long day of school - TA lecture at around 10, and class from 2-5:45 and again from 6-9:55. Mind you I live an hour and a half away from my school... so stopping home and relaxing isn't really in the cards for me. I seriously can't wait for this semester to be over. And its only the third week.






3 comments:

  1. OMG I didn't know you had this!!!!!!!! You never mentioned it on Monday when you, M & I were together! =( This is a MUST borrow, please! (Or bring over and I'll apply IMMEDIATELY haha)

    Thank you for the shoutout, too. =) I'm glad you're doing that! I'm actually using a Pure Ice polish as we speak. I only have the one color, but now I'm interested in more colors! And of course, I adore Sally Hansen! Apparently I'm partial to the Xtreme Wear... I've noticed more and more of those bottles appearing in my nail polish box. Haha.

    I can't wait for December -- I can see you for a full day again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Of course you can borrow it! And how the heck am I supposed to keep track of all the damn polish I have. I have one of those three drawer bins full of them.

    And youre welcome! I love Pure Ice. I could wear Risk Taker all day, every day. And yeah I was going to pick up some Xtreme Wear at Target yesterday, but I figured that I was like nahhh ill get it at Walmart - Well when I went to Walmart they had complete crap - only half the selection that Target had. Now I have to go back there. Btw - I am super excited for Top Chef next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POLISH! I'm wearing it on my toes AND fingers!!!! I can't get enough haha. Thank you for letting me borrow! I loveeee youuu!

    ReplyDelete