Friday, September 3, 2010

Blue and Green Tiger Stripes






Holy crap are these pictures crappy! I've definitely got to take some time learning how to take and edit pictures better. But this will do for now.

I used China Glaze Towel Boy Toy for the blue, Turned up Turquoise for a little teal in the middle, and Kiwi-Coolada for the green. I applied the colors using a makeup sponge on top of a white base (I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Whirlwind White) and topped it all off with just a black nail art polish. I free-handed the stripes because I have very bad luck with Konad, and find it much easier to just make my own nail art rather than struggle with the scraper and the polish and the stamper that has to be cleaned with nail polish remover, which usually just ends up taking nail polish off of the nails that I had just painted. Ugh. Maybe with more practice I will become a proficient Konad-aficionado. But for right now I will just stick to my standard, somewhat boring, nail repertoire.

Wow, so after uploading these pictures I realized that every little flaw and smudge is glaringly obvious. I have really got to be more careful in the future. Also this was taken while I was in my pool, so I apologize for the wet-ness.

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously one of my favorites I've ever seen!! It's so awesome and smart -- I absolutely LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks! I love doing tiger stripes on gradations because it totally masks all the fuck ups. lol.

    ReplyDelete