Sunday, September 26, 2010

Matte Across the Universe

Hey,
Before I took off Across the Universe, I was curious what it would look like if I put a matte top coat on it. So naturally I fulfilled my curiosity. And I love it! It is bizzare. But cool. I took lots of pics.



I think this picture shows off the awesomeness best. Obviously the glitter still reflects the light while inside the matte top coat, but the whole effect is more muted and subdued. I love it. It is a great way to change up the polish and extend the mani. And with a 20 dollar polish, who doesn't love that idea, right?




Here is what my matte top coat from Diamond Cosmetics looks like. Very murky! At first I thought they messed up and accidentally gave me another Concrete Gray. But they didn't. 




Overall I love this look! Next time I wear this polish I am definitely going to be slapping some matteness over it on the second day. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE what matte top coats make polsihes look like! Gives a whole new life (and day!) to your mani! Plus this is beautiful polish anyway.

    ReplyDelete