Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Storage!


Yay! I went to Ikea yesterday just to browse around with my mom (she had never been to Ikea! Can you imagine?) and look for new nail polish storage containers and  I ended up finding the PERFECT nail polish storage system. I seriously am in love love love with it. It is a bit large for most people, but I figure I have a lot of polish and I didn't want to get the small one and end up having to buy a second one in a year. 



Here it is in all its glory. It is about as wide as my helmer that I got at Walmart. Not too bad. And it is about twice as tall - I'd say around 3 1/2 or 4 feet. For reference, I am 5 feet tall and I can clearly see over the top of it and into the top drawer..it comes up to about my boob/shoulder area. 

I was originally going to grab the one that All Lacquered Up has when I saw it, but I am so glad I kept my eye out and found this. It is soooo much nicer. And it was only 119 bucks! You could get the small one, which is half the height for 79. The drawers as high enough to fit all of my polishes perfectly.

This system really makes my polish collection seem small. I guess that means I'll have to buy a bunch more. Yay! 


This is a drawer of top coats/base coats and things like cuticle oil and remover. All that good stuff that I want to keep separate from regular polish. I really should take pictures of all of the stuff in here. One day I will get to it. 


So far I have just organized the polishes that I have swatched so far.


Blues/Greens


Purple/Pink


Orange/Yellow/Red


Silver/Black/Metallic/Neutral


My nail art drawer.


And unswatched/untrieds that I am trying to get through.

It would probably be easier to get through if I stopped placing 80$ transdesign and 8ty8beauty orders. Damn nail polish addiction. It is killing my bank account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment