Saturday, December 18, 2010

Essie: Turquoise and Caicos

Here is a polish from the Essie Resort 2010 collection which came out this past spring. It really is a crappy formula. Super sheer, balding spots that are hard to get rid of, and a long dry time all come together to create a trifecta of crappiness. But there is one redeeming quality - the color. I love the color. But a very very similar color is China Glaze For Audrey. And I never have any formula or application issues with For Audrey. So for me, it is a no brainer to go with the China Glaze. The only color difference really is that Turquoise and Caicos has a tiny bit more of a greenish tint. It reminds me a little bit of mint chocolate chip ice cream in these pictures. And another difference is that this polish is pretty jelly-like whereas For Audrey is a straight up creme. 
I am in the For Audrey court. Has anyone else compared the two? If you have, what do you think??






1 comment:

  1. I love this Essie because of its color and forgave it its consistence and application. I have For Audrey but it doesn´t suit me as much as Turquoise. Turquoise is more jelly and sheer, For Audrey is creme. Turquoise is more green and more interesting in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete