Friday, March 4, 2011

OPI: Austin-tatious Turquoise

When I was at Ulta a few weeks ago I came across a lovely huge display of the OPI Texas collection. And I held off on the jellys (sorbets.. whatever) because I wanted to see swatches of them first, but I couldn't not get the most awesome teal in the world. Or so that is what I should Austin-tatious Turquoise was. But I was misled. Because in the bottle in the store the polish looks like a lovely turquoise polish with a strong purple duochrome. But on the nail - do you see any purple?? no! Well maybe you can if I got a picture with just the right light.. but for the most part I was really mad that there wasn't more purple in it. I wish I had some turquoise/purple duochrome glitter/pigment so that I could franken my own. Maybe I'll just add regular purple glitter. But anyway - here are the pictures. If you have any other turquoise polish this is something you could pass on because it is super sheer (this was 4 coats) and it just seems really reminiscent of the whole Charla/Catch Me in your Net/Halley's Comet polish.













1 comment: