Saturday, March 5, 2011

Franken: Twilight Green

For Christmas I treated myself to a huge freakin haul of mica pigments from tkbtrading.com and I've been contemplating what to do with them. I got too much. And it is sort of overwhelming. I was going to use them as eyeshadow (as if I don't have enough) but they really don't stick to your eyes for very long. I also got a bunch of the mineral bases to mix the pigment into - but I didn't feel like the combination of the two stuck any better than the pigment itself. So I decided that I would see how they franken - and they are awesome when paired with nail polish! I'm so excited to try some more! I did this the other day - it is just a tiny amount (maybe 1/4 teaspoon) mixed into clear nail polish (this happened to be Color Club top coat). I threw a ball in there but I really don't think it was necessary. This polish mixed together well and hasn't separated at all (unlike some of the other disasters that I've created). And on top of that, I really like the color. So yay! 







I love the shimmer in this pigment. I kind of want to add glitter, but I don't want to ruin it. I haven't had good experience with glitters in frankens yet. I've tried a couple different kinds - with one large hex glitter set I have the color comes off of the glitter almost instantly, and with another set I have I think the glitter is too heavy because when I put it on the nail the glitter got sucked into the polish and it just ended up pretty bumpy. I'll show you that tomorrow. 



And this is how it looks in the shade. It takes on a pretty strong blue tint - which I love. 


1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! It reminds me of a lighter Ulta - Jaded. I can't wait to see you franken more! Also, you never showed us that you said would be "tomorrow" and it's been 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete